Kordon Pond AmQuel Plus removes chlorine, chloramines, ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites from pond water safely, easily and quickly. AmQuel protects pond fishes and invertebrates by quickly eliminating, in a true single-step action, three of the most toxic chemicals commonly found in water.
- Instantly detoxifies ammonia
- Detoxifies nitrate, nitrite, chloramines and chlorine, and toxic pheromones
- Detoxifies toxic organics in older water for fewer water changes
- Does not interfere with biological filtration or nitrifying bacteria
- Functions equaly well in fresh or salt water
Pond AmQuel Plus is the latest development in state-of-the-art water conditioning technology and is the next step beyond what the original AmQuel product does. Pond AmQuel Plus has several fundamental purposes and benefits. Does not interfere with the biological nitrogen cycle in your pond’s filtration system. Ammonia is changed into a non-toxic compound the bacteria quickly consume.
Pond AmQuel Plus benefits is easy to use and equally effective in fresh and salt water, and it does not affect the beneficial bacteria of the biological nitrogen cycle. Pond AmQuel Plus is compatible with all water conditioners and all Kordon medications and other medications on which it has been tested, and with all aquatic life – including live rock and reef tank inhabitants. Pond AmQuel Plus does not affect pH (acidity and alkalinity), and does not discolor the water. Pond AmQuel Plus has a long shelf life.
Note: Pond Amquel Plus has an acerbic odor, but does not affect aquatic life, and the odor quickly disappears in use.
Instructions: Follow the label for dosing instructions.
- Use to treat tap water when water is added changed to detoxify chlorine, chloramines and their components (chlorine and ammonia) and to make the water safe for aquatic life free of these lethal toxins.
- Protects aquarium and pond fishes and invertebrates by quickly eliminating (actually detoxifying) the harmful components of the biological nitrogen cycle – ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates without slowing the nitrogen cycle, interfering with the beneficial bacteria involved, or depriving these bacteria of their food.
- Can rapidly detoxify toxic organics in overcrowded aquariums and ponds where waste products from the fishes, etc., quickly collect.
- Detoxifies organic compounds that accumulate in aquarium and pond water over time, including noxious pheromones released by fish and aquatic invertebrates to signal and repel each other. This is specially important for reducing the frequency of needed water changes. Many larger freshwater and saltwater aquarium fishes release pheromones to establish territoriality and repel other fishes. This is particularly true in fresh water for cichlids and plectognath fishes (triggers, filefish, puffers, boxfish) in salt water.